• April 18, 2021, 8:47 p.m.

I believe it's possible to have Odysee automatically mirror YT videos, so I don't think there's much effort to do this. I don't really visit YT much anymore, and it seems like a number of creators are moving over, but I was disappointed to see that SFIA isn't there yet.

Any known reason? I think it's basically a new front end for LBRY, which is an obvious good fit for SFIA.

• edit

Thread title has been changed from Using Odysee to automatically mirror uploads to YT.

• May 15, 2021, 6:31 p.m.

Just to clarify what Odysee is (I just realized they're new enough that search engines may not always point you in the right direction yet), I'm thinking the lab category here is probably a good fit: odysee.com/$/lab

A bunch of other YT tech and science creators have already started mirroring here, like whatdamath (Anton), Scott Manly, EEVBlog, veritasium, Louis Rossman, lunduke, thelinuxgamer, etc.

Creators get rewarded in cryptocurrency so it's another revenue stream too. I'm finding myself using Odysee more than YouTube lately, hopefully Issac takes a look at trying this some time soon!

Apparently this can be done in a few seconds:
    odysee.com/@Odysee:8/getyouryoutubechannelonodysee:5